Lemon Pepper Salami Bites – The Perfect Summer Appetizer
You might be asking why these are the ‘perfect’ summer appetizer. Two reasons:
1- They involve no heating the house. You don’t need an oven, stove, toaster…no heat source at all.
2- They use up bell peppers. If you garden like I do, you’ve got them coming out your ears. If you don’t garden, this is the time of year you can find them on sale and at their cheapest, which makes them economical.
They also satisfy a triad of summer cravings I have…salt (must be all the sweating in the heat), bright fresh lemon, and cold stuff. This one appetizer meets all three.
And with less than 15 minutes to make these babies, you just might find yourself serving them up all season long.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
- 12 ounces dry salami slices
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- lemon pepper
- Cream the cream cheese with Italian seasoning, garlic powder and lemon juice.
- Slice the bell pepper in to thin strips. You could count the salami slices and cut the bell peppers into the same amount of strips as you have salami slices.
- Spread about a teaspoon of cream cheese mixture on each salami slice, then top each with 1 strip of each color of bell pepper. Sprinkle with lemon pepper.
- Fold up the sides of the salami slices and secure with a toothpick.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Comment