Slow Cooker Taco Soup -Day 5 of 30 Days of Soups, Stews, and Chilis
This is one of those soups that whole family enjoys because it can be customized by toppings. It’s also a crock pot soup so it makes for an easy dinner. I even prep my toppings in the morning while the meat is browning and put them in the fridge. That way, at dinner time, everyone is eating in less than 10 minutes!
It starts with browning some ground beef, then adding onions. Beyond that you dump in a bunch of canned goods from the pantry and you’re set!
A note – I use my own ranch seasoning in this recipe. I like the recipe for the dry mix from The Crafty Blog Stalker. I make my actual ranch dressing from this mix slightly different than her version. The dry mix, though, is something I’ve now used a couple of years.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||6 hours|
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cans pinto beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 14 oz can diced tomato
- 2 10 oz. cans diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 4 oz cans diced green chilies
- 1 pkg taco seasoning mix (or your own mix)
- 2 tablespoons dry ranch mix
- corn chips
- Toppings you like: shredded lettuce, sour cream, grated cheddar, sliced olives, chopped green onions, hot sauce, etc...
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet. When almost brown, add diced onions and continue to saute until the onion is tender.
- Place the beef and onion mixture into a crock pot and add in the other ingredients, except the toppings.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Serve with topping bar.
Leave a Comment